Saturday, February 22, 2020

Perpetual Motion

I know you don’t love me 
But you want to know me
From the lines that you wrote me
I don’t understand 

You are so unlike 
Anyone I’ve ever met in this life 
You’re lead - you’re light -
I’m water in your hands 

And I have to run back to the source

I can’t stay
And you don’t need me
Don’t let me go 
You can’t anyway
I was never yours
And it doesn’t matter anymore
You are more 
You need more 

Tell me do you sleep
Or have any time to dream 
Between cymbal and signal 
And all the moments I’ll never see  

You’re perpetual motion
But can we find a way to stop
And freeze time 
When it all falls down on the coldest night of the year 
Get in it’s warm in here 

I can’t stay
And you don’t need me 
Don’t let me go 
You can’t anyway
I was never yours 
And it doesn’t matter anymore 
You are more 
You need more 

You never told me about the fire 
I love you for your freedom
I wish that I could fly 

No comments: