Maybe the night gives me focus
To bring back warmth that once was real
The highwire, the dazzling upward spiral
Forward motion now no more than a memory
The lush fabric of longing reduced to threads
Fluttering in the wind
With love on my lips
And a minor second, minor third
I try to re-weave in song
The silk that surrounded,
Surrendered to endless possibility
Yet all is not possible
In the arid climate of reality
And only a shadow of what was now remains
Maybe the night gives me moments
Drops of the past in the present
A small taste, enough just to feel it
Then the waves swell away from the shore
I know it! I knew, and remember
Until it fades away
With love in my prayers
I return to the start
The air splashing over me
Yet if only the ocean...
If the hurricane came without warning
If it blew through life to destroy me
I would stand in the destruction
And forever remember the wind
No comments:
Post a Comment