Sunday, March 22, 2015

Savann

(My acapella of this is on soundcloud; the producer whose music inspired it did not come through. Anyone want to write better music?

https://soundcloud.com/andreamandal/savann-acapella )

In another time,
In another life I'd find...
In another way
To the other side of life...

But here I am, and there you stand, and oceans lie between
To see that sunrise with my own eyes I'd do anything
I don't know your name
But you'll come to take me away

I'm in the train, it's a long ride
Looking out as the world passes me by
What will I find on the other side?
Are you there holding my hand
Or am I alone?
I will stand on stones on the mountainside
Looking down on my new home
My new life

In another place,
To another foreign land
I'll escape, and maybe this time I can leave me behind
Start over new, be who I wanted to
And you're my ticket to ride
But I wasn't there, oh I was wrong
You couldn't give me what I needed, now you're gone
Everything I hoped for,
My castles on the mountainside are lost
Where are you now?
I don't know, I don't care
But now all I'm left with is me

I'm in the train, it's a long ride
Looking out as the world passes me by
What will I find on the other side?
Are you there holding my hand
Or am I alone?
I will stand on stones on the mountainside
Looking down on my new home
My new life

No comments: