Thursday, February 26, 2015

What we don't

The first time I met you, you were six foot two or three
I remember you well... I remember
The next time I met you, you were not who you seemed to be
I remember that well... even better

Me, you, a bedroom bathed in blue
A promise left unsaid
Or only in my head
You said to me let's take it to the logical extreme
This place is full of people who are not like you and not like me
Let's see where this could lead?
...I said goodbye

Where would I be if I walked through that door?
Would it all be better than before?
We don't regret what we do, no
Only what we don't

You, me, now I can see all I can see
And it could never be
The life you live is not reality
How could I be taken for a fool?
But I remember how you do the thing you do
...Maybe I just didn't think it through

Where would I be if I walked through that door?
Would it all be better than before?
We don't regret the things that we do, no
Only what we don't....

No comments: