Friday, February 20, 2015

Counting On Me

If you had given me everything
I'd just walk away
If you could turn the world backwards just for a while so I could see your smile
I'd turn my face
I didn't need the things you promised
Only what was deep inside of me
I didn't want the things you promised
Only the ones that I would choose to be

If you had said here is this golden cage and it's all yours
I would just fly away
If you had given me the life I've always wanted on a table
I'd pass it up day after day, after day
It doesn't mean a thing to me
It doesn't mean a thing

The only one that I can count on is me
If you want a job done right, then do it yourself
Just try it and see
The only one I'm counting on is me

Now if you'd like to come in for a minute
And have some tea and talk awhile
Please come in and have a seat
Tell me everything you're thinking
Let me know that beautiful mind
Let me know what's inside
And when we come to the place and the time
I'll walk you to the door and say goodbye

I want you in my life
If you'll let me live mine

The only one I'm counting on is me
If you want a job done right, then do it yourself
Just try it and see
The only one I'm counting on is me

No comments: