Friday, May 23, 2014

Gold sandaled feet

She wore yellow slippers that matched her mind
A spring in her step on that bright spring morning
She wore them too on that fateful day
When the storm came in without warning
But the sun is all that I can see
I only understand what comes to me

They say you have to walk a mile
But your shoes don't fit me, not that style
Hey you, come over, let's be friends
We'll walk in the storm together and tie up all the loose ends

She wore leather loafers - you know the kind
That tread the less-worn trails
Slide on and off in airports
Secure when adjusting the sails
How can you ever move slow
When there's so many places left to go?

They say you have to walk a mile
But your shoes don't fit me, not that style
Hey you, come over, let's be friends
We'll walk the world together and tie up all the loose ends

She wore Louboutins, perhaps in dreams
And Pay-Less in the waking
She doesn't care what they might say
The world's hers for the taking
Don't wait for the moment when everything's right
This life is a ride, sit back and hold on tight

They say you have to walk a mile
But your shoes don't fit me, not that style
Hey you, come over, let's be friends
We'll ride this ride together and tie up all the loose ends

She wore lace-up sneakers, perhaps to dance
Just to get from point B to A
Life's short, she said, just take the chance
Our work is endless play
But I'm still trying to understand
And I'm afraid to take her hand

They say you have to walk a mile
But your shoes don't fit me, not that style
Hey you, come over, let's be friends
We'll dance in the street together and tie up all the loose ends

She wore gold sandals on dusty streets
That bear illustrious names
I wore them too, in better days
But therein ends the same
These memories are too sad for me to stay
I cannot understand; I'll walk away

And she says,

They say you have to walk a mile
But your shoes don't fit me, not that style
Hey you, come over, let's be friends
We'll walk new roads together and tie up all the loose ends

She wore golden slippers that matched to mine...

No comments: