Friday, April 18, 2014

Thousand Times

You, standing over there, flyaway hair
Toss it back, the wind will catch it -- picture perfect --
As you've always been
Standing next to him
I've already had my chance
I wouldn't change the past

Too many lies, I've heard a thousand times
The words they bounce right off me
I'll let it be, I'll let you be
Let it go and let you go your way
(Hope it always goes your way)

You smile and say he's flawless
Inside his mind is lawless
His eyes they are the mirror
His soul you'll see it clearer
You will drown in them and then
You'll soon regret unless you're just like him

He says he speaks a different language (when he goes on)
But it's just equivocation (let the wind blow on)

Too many lies, I've heard a thousand times
The words they bounce right off me
I'll let it be, I'll let you be
Let it go and let you go your way
(I hope it always goes your way)




No comments: