Wednesday, May 30, 2012

In the city of the future

In a dream I saw you there in the city of the future
You had a day to leave so I helped you gather up your things
We didn't know why but they said you had to go; we couldn't question
You didn't look back when you said goodbye to me

It's as it should be
Don't overthink it, no, you've got to move on
Time keeps passing and so just go your way
It is what it is, so what can we do
We've always gotta move to something new
So just go your way

And when it's my time will I follow your way without a question
Or will I hold on with all the strength I have in me
I won't know until I'm there, but I hope I'd be the strong one
To keep moving without breaking

I've fought destiny
And I've seen that it leaves nothing left of me
Just let go
When it's all out of control

It's as it should be
Don't overthink it, no, you've got to move on
Time keeps passing and so just go your way
It is what it is, so what can we do
We've always gotta move to something new
So just go your way

(This was based on a dream I had that I wrote here: http://dreamingatmidnight.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-city-of-future.html)

No comments: