Saturday, March 6, 2010

Life Soundtrack: She Will Be Loved

Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved

2007. I felt so focused and so sure about everything. I thought I could control the whole world if only I was in the right frame of mind, but that's another song and another entry. The only thing I wasn't very sure of was myself.

But I found good friends. 3am friends, do nothing and feel at home friends, singing friends, conversation friends, be there when you need them friends. One of them was all of these things.

Some part of me, though, never quite believed that someone like that would want to hang around with someone like me. And so I hesitated, didn't say what I should have, said what I shouldn't have, thought constantly of the future when I would leave and lose these shining times, let myself drift away. And did not come back. Maybe it mattered, maybe not, but years later, I still think that I let something good pass by without realizing it.

When I went to that new city, I had no regrets. When I returned a year and a half later, I was full of them. But my first regret was that I didn't let go of all those things and be the friend that I was so lucky to have.

I will never hear this song without remembering the best of times.

It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves us along
My heart is full and my door's always open, you come any time you want-

2 comments:

heath said...

A warm, sweet voice. Love of melodies, lyrics and style are signaled via the genuineness of your delivery. Best of luck to you!!

adriana said...

Thank you! When are you going to post a new entry?